Friday, 15 April 2016

The Two Cs: Chanel's Le Blush Creme De Chanel in #63 Affinite



Chanel's Le Blush Creme De Chanel in #65 Affinite is the first blush I've actually had a say in picking out. 

I have a few blushes in my collection that have all been Gift With Purchases. That does say a bit about my beauty spending habits right? Ahah.

Initially, in Hong Kong, I was in store looking to purchase the powder blush Joues Contraste in Rose Initiale. I'd seen this dainty rose pink on a few YouTubers and thought that it'd be a perfect everyday blush.

One thing led to another and I ended up walking out with a cream blush...

...despite never owning a cream blush and having no idea how to use them properly.

This also says a lot about the selling ability of Chanel SAs and also my inability to say no.




Chanel's cream blush compacts are housed in a velvet cover which is very redundant but is in line with the luxuriousness of the brand.

The main reason why I chose this cream blush over the powder one is because it blends seamlessly into my skin and it stays for, what seemed like, forever. It's a 'cream to powder' finish and it really does settle onto my skin like pure silk.

At the time of purchase, I could imagine myself going overboard during application but I was really confident that I'd be able to get the hang of it after a few goes. 




I fell in love with each of Chanel's ceam blushes - they're all equally beautiful and wearable, and I did have a tough time making a choice. I ended up with Affinite because I've never owned any make up in such an intense colour. I've always opted for low-key earth toned eyeshadows, pink lip products that mimicked the skin and bronzers that are almost undetectable on the skin. 

With a heavy hand, this medium pink stains the skin with an almost fuchsia shade and it looks best to top off a lashy eye make up look. During the day, I use it lightly to give the impression that I've had a really, really good sleep. It brightens the face and gives it a more radiant, cheerful look. When applied sparingly, the colour looks pink-peach, which is quite the interesting combination on my skin tone.

I've found that the key is to not be greedy and to start off with the tiniest amount because it is very pigmented. Next, it's important to blend/pat out very quickly because it doesn't take long for the product to settle on the skin. Luckily, the cream blush doesn't drag all that much on the skin unless your foundation is on the thicker side with multiple layers.

 


I'm still trying to get a handle over the application.

I generally use my index and middle fingers to tap the product on the highest point of my cheek, and then I move it lower. If I pick up too much, I'll use a BB Cushion applicator to spread it out. I'd say that I can apply the blush really well 6/10 times.

But because I haven't worked out a foolproof way to apply the blush, there are days where I'll opt out of using it. I am starting to experiment with a range of brushes to see if I can get a more precise application. Apparently stippling and flat brushes are the way to go.

Other than that, I am very impressed with the blush! I can see it lasting for ages because you don't need a lot. It also applies like a dream, makes you look like you were born with a natural flush to the skin and it has this wonderful knack of looking fresh for ages.


Do you use cream blushes? How did you apply yours? 



No comments:

Post a Comment