Saturday, 13 June 2015

Rose Addiction Cont'd: L'Occitane Shea Butter Rose Hand Cream



I mean, it's very possible that I've taken this rose-scented beauty items addiction a bit too far, especially when I'm forking out $10+ for a travel sized hand cream...

But this is L'Occitane's Shea Butter Rose Hand Cream we're talking about. Surely, I can be forgiven! Alongside Hyaluronic Acid and Ceramide, Shea Butter is one of my favourite skincare ingredients. It's intensely hydrating and perfect for when your skin feels tight, parched and stretched. 

There are several things that I love about this hand cream. Firstly, the texture is a thick balm which coats your hands in moisture and softens the look of cracked knuckles and fingers. The thicker textures does mean that you have to take some time to massage it into your hands, otherwise there can be some oily residue. But, because the cream is so rich, the massage actually feels really nice and it's definitely not a hassle to spend a minute to really enjoy the moment!


 
Of course, I love the rose scent - it's the best smelling one out of all my rose beauty products. It smells just like roses without being overly sweet or bright. Once out of the tube, it can feel a bit too strong but it dissipates as time goes on, leaving behind a very pleasant lingering scent.

When I first got my hand creams, I put some on before I went driving and the scent was stuck to the steering wheel for a full day. It made the car smell amazing!

What are your favourite beauty ingredients? 

12 comments:

  1. The set looks amazing! Obviously the travel size is the only way to go when it comes to their hand cream (at least for me). I like how L'Occitan does rose scents. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. L'occitane's hand creams are one of a kind, I don't think you can get better hand creams!! I love their verbena range, I think I'm a fruity/citrus person??? lol. Shea butter is among my favourite ingredients as well :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohhh you'll love grapefruit juice if you're a fruity/citrus person! ahah.



    I'm absolutely in love with shea butter! All I need now is to find a cream that has hydraluronic acid, ceramide AND shea butter. LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  4. They're so convenient! I was actually eyeing the large size which was apparently limited edition, but they were sold out everywhere. Got the mini ones instead which are just as great!

    ReplyDelete
  5. My mum loves L'occitane hand cream! I always buy her the full size because it is relatively economical compared to the travel size (still pricey).

    ReplyDelete
  6. Teheheh, that's a nice way to fragrant your car :P
    Glad this handcream is a good one!
    Xx http://icepandora.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. It does work out cheaper when you buy the full size! Too bad all the stores sold out of the rose scented one!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ahah totally agree. My car smelt amazingggg thanks to it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ahhh I definitely need this! I swear I have the driest hands and feet in the world and the only thing that helps them is thick lotions like these. I've tried some from The Body Shop I wasn't too impressed by but never tried anything from Loccitane so I'll definitely check this set out :)


    lizzyxfresh.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ohhh I know how you feel! I've tried oily balms and ointments to tame these dry hands of mine! This L'Occitane one has to be the most expensive to date but it's actually really, really worth it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I've been really liking L'Occitane lately. You can get some of their products for a fantastic price occasionally on sale. Otherwise they do decently priced sets at RRP. I recently bought a set of 3 mini perfumes (7.5ml each) and I've been enjoying them :) Haven't tried their hand creams but they sound so moisturising and beautifully scented. My favourite rose-scented hand cream that I've tried so far has to be the one by Jurlique.

    ReplyDelete
  12. There's one perfume that smells exactly like this hand cream and that's next on my to buy list. There's a sale going on now but too bad that's not included! Bah!

    I have no idea Jurlique did rose hand creams. I'm going to have to have a look!

    ReplyDelete