Sunday, 1 February 2015

SUNDAY READS: Some of my YouTube Favourites!





Korea seems to be where it's at when it comes to the newest skincare and make up trends. I remember back in the day when it was all about Japanese products but, in Hong Kong now, all you hear people talk about is Korean products and make up trends.

I love being in the know and that's why I always end my week with an episode of KBS' Beauty Bible! It's a weekly beauty show with skincare and make up advice tailored to a specific theme. They've gone through a pretty big variety of themes already but my favourite ones are on transitioning into a new season ie. how to stop oily skin in summer and how to lock in moisture in winter.

I've learnt so much from this show and I find myself rewatching some of them because they're that good. This particular episode here is on anti-aging and if you click play, it'll take you to a section on facial massaging. The massage is supposed to help firm your skin and make your face look smaller. 

Long story short, it's really good for those mornings when I wake up with an unbelievably puffy face. The lymph drainage down the side of my neck really does make my face look less wide and cheeks less bloated. 

Give it a go and let me know what you think!






Bob's Your Uncle is the bomb! It's a cooking channel where the guy who is (funnily enough) not called Bob cooks a whole bunch of dishes from all over the world and, while things are boiling/frying/marinating etc, he chats to you about a random topic. He did high school and uni in London and has now relocated back to Hong Kong, so his perspectives are pretty interesting. His videos are in Cantonese but don't worry if you don't understand because he has English subs.

He has a really impressive list of recipes like Tom Yung Goong, lobster noodles, tuna tartare, beer can chicken, sweet and sour fish... So many house favourites worth recreating.

His videos are really nicely produced as well. All the camera shots, lighting, background music...everything just makes the whole thing look so professional.

Here's one of his classics where he talks about why girls need to take care of their skin. AHAH. 



There are a million and one exercise gurus on YouTube but none are as motivating as XHit's Rebecca Louise.

One of my go to video is this Thighs Workout one. My thighs and hips are my problem area. They're the widest part of my body and they make me super self-conscious! So I really like this workout. The exercises make my thighs feel bulkier the first couple of days and then they start to just feel well-toned.

Rebecca's incredibly motivating throughout the workout, balancing instruction with encouragement.

No comments:

Post a Comment