Monday, 10 November 2014

Nuxe Rêve de Miel Ultra-Nourishing Lip Balm Jar and Lip Moisturising Stick



I don't think Nuxe Reve De Miel lip balms need much of an introduction, considering that it is one of those products that is highly praised by the beauty community. Generally, people tend to rave about how moisturising the Ultra-Nourishing Lip Balm. 

My lips are on the drier side, with visible lines when they're at their worst. My favourite lip care product is YSL's Top Secrets Re-Plumping Concentrate Lip & Contour Shaper because it makes my lips plump and smooth. It's become one of those essential products which I can't see myself doing without. But the shaper costs an arm and leg (we're talking $64AU)! So I'm definitely on the hunt for alternatives that will hydrate and plump my lips. 




The Ultra-Nourishing Lip Balm is one of Nuxe's best sellers and has at least 78% natural ingredients. Honey, beeswax, sunflower, musk rose, almond oil, shea butter and grapefruit essence is included so that dry and chapped lips can be nourished, repaired, soothed and protected. There's also no parabens or petroleum in this mixture.

I love the look and feel of the jar! 15ml of product (the size of an average eye cream) is housed in a frosted jar and actually looks quite pretty on my dressing or night table! 

 


The balm's texture is actually very much like a paste. It's thick and has gritty particles which is apparently crystallised honey. Once on the lips, the particles can range from invisible to slightly visible if you come up close. I've noticed that this usually happens when the balm has hardened over in the cold weather. It does go away with time but I have a feeling that it's because I've ingested it! Perhaps the answer is to warm up the paste but the more I rub the balm into lips, the more I feel like I'm going through the motions with a lip exfoliator.

Most of the time, this lip balm does make my lips feel hydrated for a good few hours. In warmer weather, this balm is soft, buttery and very easy to apply. My lips feel soft and look plump. Not YSL shaper plump but my lips do look like they've got a decent amount of moisture in them! If I hadn't used the shaper first, I would be extremely impressed with this balm!

When it's cold, the paste freezes over and is harder to work with. The particles become obvious like tiny biscuit crumbs. If I don't roll it enough on my lips enough to heat it up, my lips end up looking drier than they really are and the whole area looks parched and stretched.

I like to apply this as part of my daily make up routine. But it works great as an overnight treatment too. In comparison to Vaseline, this one works much better! My lips turn a healthy pink in the morning and forms a great base for the day's lipgloss. I don't use this often overnight because I sleep on my belly and I don't like it smearing onto my pillowcase! Ahah =)

I'm enjoying this lip balm. I love it when it's a soft, creamy paste because it does make my lips look very soft and hydrated. I just wish they'd get rid of the grains! I can deal with the hardened-over paste but the gritty texture is a big no-no for me. 




There's printing within the box and I found a code as well. Not sure what it means - Google isn't bring up much in English but I've got a strong feeling that it's some discount code.

Anyone have any clues? The code is blurred out in case it is a shopping code! AHAH!




I'll reach for my Lip Moisturising Stick when the Balm is starting to wear off during the day. It's supposed to be the more portable version of the Balm but, for me, they're two different creatures. I actually used this before the jar and really liked the formula. It applies smoothly and does not leaving the lips feeling sticky or glossy. Once again, this is better when it's warmed up and softer, as it glides on even more smoothly. 

At first, despite having to reapply it often, I liked using it because it smells very, very nice. The scent is slightly more citrusy/lemony and I caught myself popping the cap off just to sniff it! But when compared to the jar version, it's honestly not as nourishing. 

This stays in my handbag and is used in conjunction with the jar. With the Balm as the base, this Stick helps to just lengthen the amount of moisture that's already there. 


Which lip balm do you wear underneath your lipsticks?
Which rave products do you enjoy using?


FOLLOW ME ON -

4 comments:

  1. I have never tried a lip balm with gritty bits in it before, this sounds really interesting. I use my Elizabeth arden 48hr balm when my lips get really chapped. I have a bad habit of not applying balm before my lipstick. The balm's texture is usually too waxy or too moist so I can't apply my lipstick properly... but having said that... when my lips are dry I can't apply lipstick properly either... I think I only apply lipstick on good lips day :/

    I haven't heard back from Meme box, if you don't receive your points by the end of the month, I'll have to go with Plan B! Again, I'm so sorry about this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahah I rarely wear lipstick and even if I do, it's around the house. LOL. I'm still too shy to wear lipstick because my lips are pretty dry without something underneath. I can wear lipgloss and YSL's Sheer Candy - that's about it AHAH.


    Ohhh don't worry too much about the Memebox! I'll keep checking and I'll let you know when they credit the points into my account! Thanks for checking in with me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes!! It's the gritty exfoliating bits that I find less palatable. But I'll admit that it does help to remove the flaky skin! I especially like using this in Winter, though I'm using a lighter product now that it's warmer (Nivea Lip Butter) x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree! I honestly have a love/hate relationship with this lip balm because of those grains. I don't mind it during the warmer months because the balm just glides on so easily and makes me lips look really healthy!

    ReplyDelete