Thursday, 10 July 2014

Cetaphil's Intensive Moisturising Cream - For Very Dry Hands, Feet, Elbows and Knees



The funny thing is, I actually bought Cetaphil's Intensive Moisturising Cream - For Very Dry Hands, Feet, Elbows and Knees by accident! I was supposed to be picking up a back up of Ceptahil's DailyAdvance Ultra Hydrating Lotion For Dry to Very Dry Skin, which is a really nice light and basic face cream for when I'm going through a really, really sensitive phase. 

Blame it on the fact that they both are packaged in boxes. I had no idea until a few months ago when I ran out of my Ultra Hydrating Lotion. 

But luckily, this is actually a good product! I have had contact dermatitis since my early teens and have been using steroid creams since then. The skin on my hands, but especially my fingers, are now extremely dry, thin, crackly and wrinkly because of it. My dermatitis has been so severe that it's been impossible to use hand creams because they often sting and irritate my open wounds.

But I've finally found a good herbalist who has helped me minimise the effects of my dermatitis and without the use of steroid creams as well! I don't have open wounds anymore and as long as the hand cream is light in ingredients and texture, my hands can take it!




This cream contains one of my favourite skincare ingredients - shea butter! As many of you may already know, shea butter is especially good for nourishing and repairing very dry skin. Cetaphil says that this ingredient has been added to help restore the skin's protective barrier and to lock in moisture.
The other advantages of this cream is that it is fragrance free and non-irritating. My hands have not been irritated once, which is amazing for me! When my hands had open wounds, they'd always get itchy if the cream was scented or had loads of ingredients in it. So I can say that this is definitely safe for people with quite sensitive and fragile skin.





When I first squeezed it out, I thought the cream looked too light which is never good because I like something heavier. But the cream is actually quite emollient and it feels perfect very nourishing on my hand. The cream is very comfortable and my hands feel gloved in moisture - not an overstatement at all! This is because once your spread the cream, it lingers for the briefest moment on the skin before fully sinking in. My hands feel instantly softer and smoother. They also look better and less weathered. 

Heavier creams generally leave my hands very sticky and they always feel like the product is just sitting on the surface. My hands look and feel oily, and I leave marks over everything I touch! This Cetaphil cream is different and I love how it sinks in very quickly after it's rubbed in. I love it so much that I have no trouble applying this several times a day right before I need to sit in front of the computer!

Overall, this cream is a very pleasant surprise! My hands look less wrinkly, especially around my knuckle areas, when I use this cream. I really think it's worked so well because it is a very, very basic cream designed for very dry skin. I definitely recommend this for people who have skin sensitivities or are going through some skin problems. If the sensitivities are quite manageable, I think it's always good to moisturise to speed up the recovery process.

10 comments:

  1. Oh, it sounds very good!
    I've been using CeraVé cream in tube as my hand cream for a long time, but I'd like to give this one a try, too. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ohhh I've heard of CeraVe! Maybe I'll pick that one up once this is through! Thanks for the suggestion.

      Delete
  2. I've been using Mary Kay foot balm for my heels, so far so good. I found vaseline to do a half assed job - even though everyone had been recommending it to me. I think i'll need to check out cetaphil, because of it's versatility! The skin around my elbow are pretty awful too, my boyfriend told me it looked like a pug's face lol!

    LilynotLouise | Beauty and Food

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Louise! Yeah, that old Vaseline trick doesn't seem to be working much for me lately either! I haven't tried this on my heels yet so let me know how it goes! Ahah I'm sure your elbows aren't that bad!

      Delete
  3. oohh i never new this product existed! would be perfect for winter now that the cold has truly hit us :(

    ♥ M&L twoplicates

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Agree! This one is nice and comfortable for dry, cracked skin!

      Delete
  4. Ahah absolutely agree! At least have some differentiating features right? Maybe it's a conspiracy to get us to accidentally buy the wrong thing to try out a new product...

    ReplyDelete
  5. This product sounds great - I'm glad it worked out well for you! I suffer from eczema/dermatitis, too, and the cold weather seems to make it worse :( Cetaphil is one of my tried-and-tested faves - their moisturising lotion is my go-to for post-shower hydration.
    I'm currently using Avène hand cream, but I'll keep this one in mind for when it runs out! x

    ReplyDelete
  6. YES! The number of times I've almost bought a massive pump of their cleanser instead of the moisturising lotion is insane! >.<"

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm glad it worked out for me as well because I hate wasting products! Oh no! I've had pretty bad eczema and dermatitis my entire life and the winter definitely aggravates it. That's why I absolutely hattteeeee winter! LOL.



    Hmm sounds very good! I'm going to have to branch out more into Cetaphil's stuff. Next on my list to try is their cleanser!

    ReplyDelete