Saturday, 22 March 2014

The Brand New THIS IS VALENTINE .



Hi everyone! How are we all going? Hope all is well!

Has anyone noticed that my blog is looking a little different? AHAH. Perhaps, it's looking a little bit more organised? I've spent the past week trying to give my blog a new coat of paint to revive it a little.

The last time I tweaked my blog was perhaps last year when I renamed it VALENTINE the BLOG . This was because I anticipated opening an online store by the name of VALENTINE the SHOP . (no surprises there!). But last year was just one nightmare after another and I found it difficult to find time to blog, let alone open an online shop.

By the end of last year, I had thoroughly outgrown the name and the idea of an online store. The blog name also wasn't aligning itself with my other social media sites, which all carried the 'thisisvalentine' handle. I began thinking that my blog looked too basic and cluttered. I wanted something that would look and read much better. I've always been very aware of the fact that the first thing the audience judges is the attractiveness and useability of a blog template.

So allow me to introduce THIS IS VALENTINE . YAYYYYY! I purchased my template from Kendra at Swoon Creative Studio. She makes gorgeous templates, amongst other things and you should definitely check her out if you're on the hunt for a blog revampl! The template took a bit of fiddling around but fitting a new template was surprisingly easy!

I'll still be largely focusing on beauty but I want to make the move into writing about things I'm facing in my 20s - whether it be travelling, careers, relationships, friendships... because surely this world could use another commentator giving their two cents on current affairs and popular interest topics! AHAH. 

Enjoy your stay and please tell me how you like the new template!

4 comments:

  1. I <3 your blog layout!! It's so neat and organised :)
    I'm also looking forward to see your online store!!

    LilynotLouise | Beauty and Food

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lily - so glad to hear that you're loving it! Ahah an online store is definitely still on the cards! Hopefully it'll happen soon!

      Delete
  2. Hey Valentine :)
    I really like the new layout and the new name of your blog. All the best. ;)

    (btw, I just found that there was a typo in the link that is connected to your bloglovin' icon on the right side. It starts bhttp, instead of http. You might want to remedy that.)

    Have a great week ahead! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Lena! Great to hear you're liking everything. Thanks for pointing out the mistake! Fiddling around with the html for that bit was the hardest! Ahah. Enjoy your week too!

      Delete