Monday, 24 March 2014

Face of Australia's Liquid Eyeliner



It seems I am on this perpetual pursuit for the perfect eyeliner. I have a good collection of pencil, gel and liquid liners that I like but I've yet to find something that I absolutely adore. I blame my eyelids - one day, they'll look perfectly even and on others, one will look droopy or the other will have this triple eyelid look happening.

Yes, please feel free to pity me. AHAH.




I came across Face of Australia's Liquid Eyeliner one day when I was browsing the cosmetic section and was immediately attracted to its super fine tip. At the time, I was absolutely convinced that what my eyeliner collection needed was a liquid liner with an ultra thin tip that could help me draw precise lines. This liner swatched really nicely on the back of my hand and so I purchased it in Brown. 

 


Surprisingly, the Brown is quite dark and very pigmented. On my eyelids, it actually looks black. The tip itself is flexible and easy to work with. It also helps that the handle is long enough for you to grip it just like a pen. I'd imagine that this would be perfect for a beginner just getting into liquid eyeliners. Personally, I was able to get right onto my lashline with this on the first go! That doesn't happen everyday!

Unfortunately, as much as I wanted to like this, I just couldn't. The formula stung my eyelids really badly after I managed to make two perfect wings on my eyes and I had to remove the liner immediately. I thought it was maybe a one-off thing and so I waited a week later to try, and again it irritated my eyes so badly! It actually felt like my eyelids were burning!

A quick search online found that a small minority of people have the same problem and they've put it down to sensitive eyes. I'm assuming that, that's probably the reason for my reaction considering that I do have sensitive skin. A definite shame because I think this has all the hallmarks of a reliable eyeliner. Its inexpensive, easy to use and because the tip is so thin, you can go as thin or as heavy you like, depending on how bold you'd like your look to be.

Have you tried Face of Australia's Liquid Eyeliner? What's your favourite liquid eyeliner right now?

13 comments:

  1. Love your new blog look! Sorry to hear that this eyeliner did not work out for you. I have sensitive eyes so I should probably avoid this product as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ty! Yours is looking gorgeous as well! Yeah, I don't think I'd be confident enough to recommend this to people with sensitive eyes! =(

      Delete
  2. ive used this eyeliner before and it made my eyes itch a lot!! sucks it didn't work out for you too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It happened to you too?! That's such a shame because I quite liked the brush!

      Delete
  3. I've heard a lot about this brand, Face of Australia but haven't tried it, but read a lot of good reviews. Too bad this liquid eyeliner is not suitable for sensitive eyes. Thanks for the review. New follower here! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for following! I've heard some decent reviews on the brand as well, so I was very surprised to find that this didn't work out for me!

      Delete
  4. I haven't tried this liquid liner... but I know I am terrible at using liquid liner when it's not in a pen like applicator!! I blame my unsteady hands. I've been using I-Color - a fatter tip... smaller than those marker like liners. If you want really fine lines, I highly recommend Ingrid Millet!! such precision!!! .... or if you can get your hands on some dollywink liners, they live up to their high reputation!

    LilynotLouise | Beauty and Food

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. To be honest, I actually prefer pen liners! But they always seem to dry up within 4-5 applications which annoys the living daylights out of me! Grrrr - I'm definitely going to put Ingrid MIllet on my list but my next purchase will be Dollywink's. I've heard too much not to at least give it a go!

      Delete
  5. haven't try because cannot find it in my country!
    it looks quite small and i thought it was a nail polish at first haha
    anyway thanks for the review

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahah it looks kinda of small in the photos right? It's actually a decent size in real life! Thank you for visiting!

      Delete
  6. Loved the review and swatches dear.
    I was wondering we can connect and follow each other (Bloglovin, Twitter)if you like my blog too.
    http://naturelbellefemme.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have never heard of this brand, but I'm sorry to hear it started irritating you!

    http://ahleessa4realz.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete