Sunday, 18 August 2013

Innisfree's Eco Science Eye Mask



I have a feeling that the next thing in skincare is eyecare. I just know it! I mean, I know the market is still very much obsessed with anti-aging but seriously, we need to start targeting certain areas rather the entire face. And we all know that one of the first places that will show signs of aging are our eyes! That's why I'm always on the lookout for good eye products!

Recently, I purchased Innisfree's Eco Science Eye Mask. Innisfree is a Korean beauty brand that has recently opened two stores in Hong Kong. Their products use natural ingredients found on Jeju island and their packaging is all made from recycled materials. How eco-friendly!

Eco Science is their anti-aging line which aims to add vitality to the skin while strengthening the skin's barrier to combat aging. The main ingredients are Jeju sea plants which are rich in nourishing minerals and nutrients that can help restore and replenish the skin. The Eye Mask is only one of the products that features in this line. 




The mask itself is a transparent gel film. One of the advantages of using a gel mask is that they adhere better to the skin, allowing ultimate essence absorption. You can also avoid the drama of paper masks where, if you wear them for too long, they can suck moisture from your skin. 




Over the years, I've tried a few gel face and eye masks and, unfortunately, I never like them. They're a little pricer than paper masks so you expect them to be better but they rarely work for me. The biggest problem is that with paper masks, you can feel the essence being soaked into the paper/cloth. You can't with gel masks. All you feel is the jelly texture. I find that the masks don't absorb the serum and so you end up having two pieces of gel on your face. 

Sadly, this eye mask didn't work for me either! I didn't see any improvements under my eyes which is a huge shame because other deep water products I've tried does wonders for dry skin. So I was definitely sad to see that this didn't seem to do much. It didn't even do the bare minimum, which is hydrate my under eye area. 

Let down!

FOLLOW ME ON -

5 comments:

  1. Oh no that sucks that it doesn't work. I've always been a bit off and on with eye products. They're so expensive per ml compared to your normal face cream!

    I love masks and one that works for the eyes will be something I'm on the lookout for :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh wht a bummer that it didn't work out for you! I want to try a paper mask for the eyes though :) such a good way to de-stress!

    Metallic Paws

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry to hear that it didn't work for you. Thank you for the honest review! I know to avoid them now. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That sucks the eye mask was such a disappointment and didn't even do the bare minimum that you expect. I never have used a eye mask but I've been dabbling with a few eye creams here and there. My favourite one that I've tried so far is from Murad :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. i tried etude house gel eye mask and there was no improvement of the sort :( then i tried My beauty diary and it irritated my skin, i guess it was highly concentrated for my sensitive skin so far the only eyemask that i know that works for me, ive repurchased so manytimes and i notice effects is kose Q10 eyemask
    http://www.sasa.com/SasaWeb/eng/product/viewProductDetail.jspa?itemno=102082603001
    but its so preiceyyy :( so i buy it occasionally

    ReplyDelete