Saturday, 3 August 2013

Clinique's Dramatically Different Moisturising Lotion + (Plus)

Like a lot of other girls, my first proper skincare system was from Clinique. I still remember going to the Clinique counter with mum for my 3 step pack and just going wide-eyed at the included yellow bottle of moisturiser. Of course, I'm talking about the Dramatically Different Moisturising Lotion!

Unfortunately, the moisturiser never really worked for me. It tended to make my skin oily and shiny as it never sunk into my skin. I've also tried the gel version but that one didn't seem to do much for me in terms of hydration and nourishment.




That's why I was thrilled when I found out that Clinique was doing a revamp of the product. On my last two trips to the Clinique counter to restock some skincare favourites, I was given deluxe samples of the new Dramatically Different Moisturising Lotion +.

The product boasts a completely new formula which has the ability to strengthen the moisture barrier of our skin by 54%. What's even more exciting is the inclusion of some new ingredients! Glycerin, Hyaluronic Acid and Urea have been added to the mix to improve our skin's ability to hold water. Mum's been using a Urea-based hand cream for over twenty years now and her hands are seriously softer than mine! So I can definitely confirm the benefits of Urea in a moisturiser.

The sad thing is that I've noticed that I can't use Urea if I have cracked or inflamed skin because it tends to irritate it even more. With this in mind, I was a little scared of putting DDML+ on my face!




As you can see from the photo, the cream is quite light like the old formula. When you spread it out, there's a slight white sheen but it quickly disappears into the skin. One of the biggest differences I've noticed with the new formula is that it penetrates the skin almost instantly. There's absolutely no oily residue and my skin drinks it very easily. I love how smooth and supple my skin feels afterwards!

I'm almost through with one of the three deluxe samples and luckily, the cream has never irritated my skin. Hurray! I've found that it's actually calmed some of that stinging feeling I get in Winter on my upper lip!
 
It's very likely that I'm going to go out and get a bottle after I've finished with my samples. I've very pleased with the new formula - totally should have happened earlier!

FOLLOW ME ON -

6 comments:

  1. Clinique are always so generous with their samples aren't they!?
    I really like the old formula so I've got high hopes for this new formula :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to hear that there actually is a difference and not a marketing stunt! :) Thanks for the review.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good to hear the new formulation works for you and really sinks into the skin and is moisturising! I'm glad Clinique also dropped their prices as well - I think the smaller bottle is $29 which isn't too bad :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great post. I've also been using the new formula, and my skin is loving it too!And I love the new lower prices too!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I also recently got a sample of this and I really like it! I agree that it almost instantly absorbs into the skin and keeps it moisturised. I am considering whether to get a bottle too.. But I still have other skincare to get through! Will you purchase this from the department store or online?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dramatically Different was one of my first moisurizers as well, and I remember not liking it very much: the bottle just sat on a shelf, unused. I'm glad to hear they changed up their formula for the better!

    ReplyDelete