Friday, 14 June 2013

YSL Volupte Sheer Candy #12



YSL's Volupte Sheer Candy collection is my beauty weakness! I own the Number 4 - Succulent Pomegranate and Number 6 - Luscious Cherry which are gorgeous, wearable pinkish reds that I just love to death! I bang on about them online AND offline to the point where I'm sure some people a little over me talking about it! 

But what's there not to love? The formula feels amazing on the lips - a cross between a light gloss and moisturising balm. My lips which are notoriously dry and reactive to everything (even to Vaseline sometimes!), has never been irritated by Sheer Candy. That, in itself, warrants me going back to these glossy balms. 




I bought Number 12 - Tasty Raspberry back in February but I've been so busy that I haven't even had a chance to use it! Yes, it's been that bad!

Tasty Raspberry is a sweet delicate baby pink that is extremely easy to wear. You can definitely put this on without a mirror. Think your lip but glossier and healthier. The shade is a little glittery but once on the lips, they're not as evident.




I think the biggest concern that people have with Sheer Candy is that the pigmentation is quite low. This is particularly true for this colour. The colour is so sheer that I couldn't actually capture the shade on the back of my hand. 

I honestly think that if you're specifically looking to buy your first or even second Sheer Candy, avoid this one. I really suggest you have a look at Number 4 and 6. Both colours look great on pale and dark lips, and leaves a beautiful lip stain after a few cups of tea or water.  I'm afraid that for Number 12, the colour won't be so evident on darker lips. My lips are on the pale side and the pink just shows enough to give them a hint of glossy pink.

The colour payoff is a bit of a letdown. But since my lips seem to react to everything but Sheer Candy, I'm glad to have it in my collection. At least this way, my lips aren't always either nude or raspberry red from using Number 4!

FOLLOW ME ON -


7 comments:

  1. This is pretty nonetheless but I would've loved for it to have more pigmentation given its price tag :p

    ReplyDelete
  2. looking really gorgeous!
    i always love YSL lipstick packaging.
    very luxurious!
    I absolutely adore your blog. The makeup is wonderful and I'll really love to try that out!

    Following u now via Goggle +/ bloglovin/ facebook. Follow me back if you like! ♥
    Say meow to me on:
    Miss Aggie Kwong
    Facebook: Miss Aggie Kwong

    ReplyDelete
  3. lovely YSL !!!

    XOXO . sivi

    ReplyDelete
  4. thanks for the review. i usually like more pigmented lipsticks and i'll know to try another ysl product ~

    Joyce @carouselstreet.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've always wanted to grab one of these purely because of the packaging! I would probably go for one of the more pigmented ones from this range (or just go for one of the Shines). But sometimes you just do want a very light wash of colour so this sounds like it would be perfect for that :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love YSL lipsticks :)
    I sometimes do find them a bit too glossy or slidy sometimes but maybe that's just me. I find with these lipsticks it's easier to get it over your lip line cause they're so moisturising haha!

    ReplyDelete