Saturday, 23 March 2013

YSL's La Lacquer Couture in No. 28 Bronze Aztec




I've turned into a massive fan of YSL nail polishes! It's not that they're particularly innovative when it comes to colours, textures or price for that matter, but what I absolutely love about them is that they don't smell horrendous like other nail polishes. 

With other nail polish brands, the smell during and after application is just way too strong for me. I usually sleep with my hands under my pillow and sometimes the first thing I smell when I wake up are my nails on the pillow. I swear I can smell the polish on my nails right up until the day I remove it.

Yes, I am that sensitive to smell. AHAH.

That's not to say that YSL polishes don't smell at all. You will definitely smell it when you're painting your nails but after 24 hours, it's virtually gone. 




I recently bought No. 28 Bronze Aztec which is one of those colours you have to see in person to realise how beautiful it is. It's one of those metallic shades that is a million shades depending on what angle you're looking at my nails. The colour is very close to black but upon closer inspection it's actually a deep olive shade with hints of bronze shimmer. 

Like the rest of YSL's nail polishes, it glides on effortlessly and dries very, very quickly. The finish is always smooth and elegant-looking.




The consistency is perfect so you can get by with one application. With one coat, you'll get a metallic finish with a slight khaki tint.  

I was going for a slightly darker look, so this is with two layers. You can definitely see in this photo that it is somewhat black with some subtle shimmers that the light has caught. I love how the shimmers don't steal the show. You have to look closely or be in the sun to actually notice them. 

From afar, it looks like I'm wearing black matte nail polish. 

I love versatility and illusions, so this is perfect for me. It's more playful than a dark navy or straight up black and different people under different lighting see different things. I just love the whole idea!

This photo was taken four days after I painted my nails and they're still looking pretty good with some minor chipping on my other fingers.


FOLLOW ME ON -

6 comments:

  1. Beautiful! I really like the shades, and the hint of sparkle really gives the dark shade a new dimension :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. it's great that the consistency of the YSL polishes are good! the black looks amazing :) great for the cooler season coming up ;)

    Metallic Paws

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely I love the colour ^^


    http://emi-doll.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Never tried YSL polishes but they seem like really good quality! My parents complain about the smell of nail polish coming from my room all the time :p I hate really strong-smelling nail polishes (usually from cheaper brands, especially with their glitters) so I can relate, especially when my nails haven't completely dried and I can smell them when I'm in bed trying to go to sleep. That definitely is a huge annoyance, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have never tried any YSL polishes but quite a few people told me that they love it. This colour looks so nice in the photos so I am sure it'll be so so much prettier in real life.

    Liz
    chewylove.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete