Wednesday, 23 January 2013

Review: YSL's Le Teint Touche Eclat Foundation




For years now, I've been mixing my foundation with YSL's Touche Eclat. I don't actually have a stable foundation and have been living off sample tubes. I always get given a stack of beige-coloured foundation samples with my skincare purchases. I am on the paler side, so I like to mix a little bit of Touche Eclat in it to lighten the shade and to give my face a hint of radiance. 

Awhile ago, I learnt about YSL's Le Teint Touche Eclat foundation ($400HK) which has been inspired by the illuminating effects of the Touche Eclat. I read a few reviews online and found that the comments were generally positive. So I made a mental note to try it out when I was in Hong Kong!

The Le Teint Touche Eclat Foundation is being marketed as a weightless fluid foundation that highlights and contours, giving our face greater dimension. It is free from opaque fillers and helps with evening out skintones.

More simply, the product is not meant to entirely conceal our natural skin colour. Its intention is to even out our skintone by letting it shine through the foundation particles.




Like most girls, I am in love with YSL's packaging. That gold really emphasises that sense of prestige that I associate with the brand. The foundation is housed in a glass pump bottle that I find very convenient for application. It'll be interesting to see when I'm close to finishing the bottle whether I'll have any problems getting any remaining product out of there.




I got matched several times for the foundation - B20, BR20 and B30. The first two shades belong to the paler beige colours. BR20 is a lovely milky beige colour with a hint of pink rose and B30 is a yellowy shade that in actuality, matched my actual face colour the most. However, I ended up purchasing B20 which sits between BR20 and B30. 

B20 is a creamy beige that simply made my face look alive. It gave me that hint of vibrancy that neither BR20 and B30 could deliver. Although B30 is close to my actual skin colour, it made my face look dull and a bit flat. 

The SA that was helping me really wanted me to get BR20 but the colour itself is quite pale despite it having that lovely rosy hue that I like. Pale might be the way to go in Hong Kong because that's the look that most women strive for but it's impractical for Australia where I would turn out looking ghostly.




The foundation is extremely light, fluid and feels like silk on my face. A little bit goes a long way as it spreads easily. I've tried applying this with a brush, sponge applicator and my fingertips, and have found that the latter works the best for me. I like to work the product into my skin with my fingers. I also genuinely believe that this foundation works for all skin types. It's light enough for oily and normal skin types and creamy enough for dry skin.

The first few days I wore this, I kept staring at myself in mirrors. My face looked much more radiant and healthy. I also loved how it didn't feel like a mask on my face. Just about every other foundation that I've tried makes me feel like I'm wearing a veil on my face.

However because the product offers such a dewy finish, it does not do much in terms of coverage. At the most, it covered the minor redness that I have on my eyelids. It did not sufficiently cover my dark eye-circles. By extension, I have found that it's not a long-lasting foundation. I struggle to have the product on my face the entire day. 

FOLLOW ME ON -

3 comments:

  1. I absolutely love YSL packaging too! I tried the Touche Eclat before and absolutely loved but was too pricey to repurchase. This foundation looks lovely though - it's great when you try a new foundation and it just gives you that beautiful flawless look! Though my skin is rather dry due to the cold weather just now so no foundation will make it look better :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the sound of the dewiness and the radiance that it gives the face, though I guess the tradeoff is the fact it's not very high coverage and doesn't last too long. $400HK seems super expensive though! B20 looks like a good shade match for you :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks for this review.
    i really like the color of this foundation (although it is only from pictures). i've realized color match is so important, even more so than the coverage itself.

    ReplyDelete