Tuesday, 4 December 2012

Review: Guerlain's Lingerie De Peau Foundation and Concealer Compact




I love the luxuriousness of Guerlain products. From their skincare to beauty products, their packaging is always so simple, yet chic and classic. I've used some of their skincare and at the moment have a good impression of the brand. I haven't gotten into their make up just yet, so when I was at the beauty counter in Hong Kong, the sales assistant gave me a sample of their Lingerie De Peau Foundation and Concealer Compact to try.

The website states that the compact consists of a foundation and concealer that is meant to give a sheer and almost invisible finish. The two shades are designed to complement each other seamlessly, creating a feeling of a second-skin. The result is promised to be natural and to bring out the best of each woman's individual complexion. 

The compact has SPF 20 PA+++ and also has, my favourite, Hyaluronic Acid, which hydrates and softens the skin.




I was given 02 Beige Clair to try. On the left we have the foundation, in the middle a concealer and on the right, a tiny little sponge which is impossible to hold between two fingers!

My initially thought was that the foundation shade is too dark for my face, whereas the concealer shade was just right. Nonetheless, I gave it a go. Swiped the foundation onto my face and used the concealer on my under-eye area. 

True to its name, the foundation and concealer both felt like second-skin lingerie. The texture of the two are creamy, smooth and easy to spread. The result was natural to the point where it looked like I wasn't wearing any foundation at all. The colour ended up being just right for my face as the foundation blended in quite quickly with just a few swipes.

What I really like about this compact is that it doesn't drastically change your face like heavier liquid foundations do. It simply evens out your skintone and improves on your complexion.

Having said that, I'd say that you'd have to have pretty good skin to really enjoy this product. If you have blemishes that you want to hide, this is definitely not the right duo for you. The colours are sheer and have very, very low coverage.



The compact came with an instructional leaflet which detailed all the ways to wear the duo. 
 
My only real problem with the product is that the concealer sank into my eye area's fine lines after all. Admittedly, I expected this because I've sampled a few cream concealers and they always seem to highlight, rather than, hide my lines. As such, I would not recommend this for dry skin girls. I think it will work better for normal and oily-skin types.

Right now, I'm using it as a highlighter. I like using the concealer with my nose and dabbing the foundation around my nose area.

I just steer clear away from my eyes!


FOLLOW ME ON -
INSTAGRAM: thisisvalentine_

5 comments:

  1. Sounds like a really great product for people who want to perfect their skin but isn't too full coverage. It's good to hear that the shade matches you well and the result was a really natural finish :) I've never tried Guerlain products but they definitely look classic and luxurious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never tried Guerlain before - not a brand I've seen in the shops where I live. But this looks really good, does it work well with dry skin? I find I need very fluid concealers for my undereyes! Anything that's a little too thick and it settles into the dry patches as my eyes are so dry :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. that is a lovely deluxe sample!! Just like guerlain, sounds very luxurious.. i hate concealers that settle intno fine lines too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I want a concealer, but I still don't know what brand to try.
    I tried YSL eclat one, and it's pretty nice but yeah, only the price...xp

    Cheers,
    Dreamy Princess

    ReplyDelete
  5. bummer, I need something to cover my blemishes haha. I do love the packaging though, so sleek and expensive looking! :)

    ReplyDelete