Wednesday, 27 June 2012

Four Lightening Fast Reviews !



I think I should change my profile to read 'Dry skin, dry hair, dry sense of humour, dry love life, dry under-eye area'.

As you may know, I have very sensitive, dry and fragile skin. The driest part of my face, by far, are my eyes and it's a real nightmare because I love dressing up my eyes. I adore smoky, sultry cat-like eyes rimmed in black!

I am always on the lookout for a great eye-cream but I've yet to find one that really plumps eye creases and prevents them from deepening. But along the way, I've found some pretty good eye-creams that are worth mentioning. Kiehl's Creamy Eye Treatment with Avocado is one that I do recommend for those who are on the market for their first eye-cream. It's a basic moisturiser that focuses on hydration and when you're just starting out, that's all you really need. The texture is initially gooey, oily and sticky but once heated up between your ring fingers and patted into the skin, it sits very nicely on the skin.

Personally, I like using this eye-cream in the morning because I've noticed that it subtly prevents my foundation/concealer from sinking in. It doesn't stop it completely but it does make a difference!

Do you use eye-cream? Which one are you currently using?




I use a straightener every second day and I am only too aware of the damage I'm doing to my hair. Aside from searching for the best shampoo, conditioner and hair masks, I've been on the market for a great heat protective spray. I've only tried a few and they've all been terrible!
 
I've heard so many positive reviews on Tresemme's Heat Tamer Protective Spray and so I decided to give it a go. Unfortunately, it was just as bad as all the others I've tried. It made my hair stiff, straw-like and dried the living daylights out of my hair.

Nightmareeeeeeee!

Have you used any heat protective sprays?




Another hyped product that didn't work for me! It seems everyone loves Bioderma's Sensibio H20 and goes on and on about what an excellent cleanser it is for sensitive skin.
 
The liquid is just like water - clear, odourless and seemingly harmless! I soaked some cotton wipes and swiped it across my face to remove the foundation and pressed it into my eyelids to remove the eyeliner and waterproof mascara. Took a good few tries before it properly removed everything and by then my skin was feeling dry and tight. I had to go back in with a milk cleanser for a double cleanse just to soothe my skin.
 
I definitely won't be touching that again! It's way too drying for my skin!
 
Have you had a better experience with Sensibio H20?



 

A friend of mine just came back from Japan and she bought me some Pantene 3 Minute Miracle Treatment as a little souvenir. I used to use Pantene shampoo and conditioner but stopped because I was losing too much hair from using it. I was a little weary coming back to the Pantene brand but I thought I'd just give it a go anyway!

The results were surprisingly good! My hair did feel softer and more manageable than usual. It felt light and had a bit more vibrancy than usual. The results lasted until I washed my hair and then it was business as usual.

I still think the Essential's Hair Mask works better but it's definitely more to convenient to travel with this Pantene Treatment. They're as small as a lipstick and one tube is enough for my hair which is infamously thick and falls down half way down my back. I'm happy to put this in my make up bag for when I'm going overseas!

Do you use any hair treatments?


FOLLOW ME ON -

9 comments:

  1. i have that Tresemme's Heat Tamer Protective Spray! i hate the smell... but it does help a bit from my hair drying from the flat iron i have been using.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My eyecream is from clinique, I like all about eyes I use the roller for anti-undereye puffiness, and the cream for line prevention. I also like Redken's Straight Lisage 18 to tame my frizzy curly hair! The pantene product sounds great, I've not used that line in many years and I don't think we have that formula in the US.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the description part of your profile! When I first came across your blog it was the first thing I read and I knew I would like your blog already! My skin loves summer except what I call my "moustache" area - it's so dry cause I keep rubbing my nose due to hayfever!

    I might give the Kiehl's eyecream a try though. It sounds so lovely.

    I use the Tresemme Heat Defence - similar to the one pictured but it's a purple label. I've got a review of it lined up actually. I really like it though..

    Great reviews - they're quick, easy and straight to the point :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. ahh i hv been curious about the bioderma but i figured it'd never hv a chance with my uber stubborn japanese mascaras! thanks for the super quick reviews :D

    i've always thought tresemme was too cheap for it's own good so never tried anything from them hahahahhaa it's terrible that it dried out your hair!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have the Tresemme heat protective spray (after hearing a lot of magazines and people rave about it). I thought it was an alright product. It did the job but it wasn't the most incredible product on the market haha. I just use a tiny amount though...maybe if you used less it wouldn't have that straw-like effect?

    metallicpaws.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Haha, I love that proposed profile tag line :p Very funny :) I'm liking the sound of the Pantene treatment, I've always been curious about whether it actually works. Ever since I cut my hair in Easter, I've felt my hair to be dry and horrible in general. I have the Bioderma and I really like it - I wonder why it was drying on your skin. The main thing is that you need to wait about 30 seconds rather than wiping off product with a cotton pad soaked in it immediately, because it doesn't do much in the first 5-10 seconds.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've always wanted to try the Kiehl's eye cream, but I think I've waited too long and now I'm at the point where i just need a touch more than hydrating benefits from an eye cream (nooooooo!)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I laughed out loud at your first sentence, so hilarious! My hands are so dry at the moment, blaming it on such cold windy weather! I have used the Pantene 3 minute miracle treatment in the tub and liked what it did for my hair, but generally I don't like using products out of the tub. I am currently using the Loreal Elvive wash off hair treatment in the yellow tube and quite happy with it so far. Regarding eye creams, I currently use Shiseido's Benefiance Concentrated Anti Wrinkle cream which seems to be discontinued now. It keeps my under eyes well moisturised (hey that rhymed! haha)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love Kiehl's avocado eye cream! I use it in the day and at night I've been using Kiehl's midnight recovery eye. It's been working out quite well for me, especially since my skin gets crazy dry in the winter season!

    ReplyDelete