Tuesday, 24 April 2012

Review : Essential Damage Care Rich Premier Intensive Hair Mask

Winter is just around the corner for us Aussies! So hello to weekends away at the snow, nights lounging in front of the roaring fireplace, knee high boats, cashmere scarves...and dry hair. 

It's inevitable that a cooler climate brings with it coarse and brittle looking hair. Outdoors, we spend time being blown around by the wind and indoors we find ourselves sitting in heated rooms that further strip our hair of its own natural moisture. Don't even get me started on the extra damage we do to our hair that makes it dry, weak and limp. I'm looking at you hair dye, bleach, hair straightener and curler!

But never fear! Help is here!




Hair masks are a great way to both prep your hair for the winter and reverse the damage that it encounters throughout the chilly season. Like face masks, hair treatments have a much higher moisture concentration than normal conditioners and one weekly application really helps to keep hair manageable and healthy.




In the past, I've tried several hair treatments - hot oil, cream, leave-in, serum, steam and salon treatments. But all of them have come up short in comparison to Kao's Essential Damage Care Rich Premier Intensive Hair Mask. I found that this treatment is particularly successful at beating the cold weather and putting back the vibrancy into my hair.

This mask is designed to intensively nourish severely damaged hair and especially the last 15cms of hair which is prone to snappy split ends and crispy dryness. Apparently, the last 15cms are a year old and have survived through all the styling we put it through! I have a feeling that my hair ends might be a bit older since I don't cut my hair very often. Eeek!





The hair mask is enriched with pure honey and milk protein which strengthens and protects the hair. It also has shea butter and sunflower oil as key ingredients that will help repair and nourish you hair in order to make it soft, smooth and moisturised.

The product is a thick, buttery cream that smells like honey and Guava fruit - good enough to eat! After shampoo, I lather a generous amount into my hair, concentrating on the bottom portion of my hair. I like to leave the treatment in for 10 minutes before rinsing. 

The results are absolutely immediate.

With other masks, I'm either left with sticky or brassy feeling hair as I wash the treatment out but with this product, my hair is smooth and tangle-free. I can easily run my fingers through it without getting caught up in any of the usual knots.

After drying, my hair is noticeably softer and less limp. It looks nourished, healthy and oh so very manageable. It feels like each strand of hair has been coated with honey and the bonus is that it gives my hair the most divine scent ever!

It is recommended that you use the mask 2-3 times a week but I'm lucky if I can use it once ever two weeks due to time constraints. Despite this, I often substitute my conditioner with the hair mask since it has three times the amount of honey and milk protein used in their own range of shampoos and conditioners. So whenever I'm in a rush and my hair is looking lifeless, I will opt to use the treatment as a conditioner on my ends. Works like a charm!

This Intensive Hair Mask can be purchased at Sasa.com for the very affordable price of US$9.60! Tiny price for a product that works if you ask me!

So ladies, there's no excuse for dry hair this winter!

9 comments:

  1. It sounds so foreign to me to have snow in June and July...as it is summer for us in the US. I love a great hair mask, I used to use one from Kerastase...omg I can only imagine the price of that line in Australia.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have this too and I absolutely love it! Though I have to admit I sometimes get really lazy with hair masks lol. But this Essential one has got to be one of the best I've tried, just like you said, the result is immediate!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have used a few tubes of these - pink and orange - definitely good for value!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've heard good things about this brand but shipping is expensive :( But it sounds amazing hopefully I'll get to try it one day.

    I forget the Southern Hemisphere is entering winter, seems like a world away haha. Summer is yet to arrive for us!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Blush!

      If it's any help, Sasa is having free shipping for orders over $29US! Summer feels like a distant dream for us at the moment!

      Delete
  5. I've run out of my Pantene hair mask and looking for a mask in time for winter. My hair gets pretty dry especially because I use heating tools regularly. Thanks for the review - interested to try it out for immediate results!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have been wanting to try this out for ages!!! I colour my hair lots so my hair gets quite damaged. This product looks like a life saviour if the results are so immediate!!

    xoxo
    Lizzo

    chewylove.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds like it did wonders for your hair! I need to find a new hair mask to try! I've been using dove, it has such a thick solid buttery feeling and has done wonders for my hair. I smelled this at the supermarket but found the scent really awkward!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I recently could try this hair care line... and what i have to say is Im impressed with the drastic changes in a very short period. Definitely a must ♥


    I've just found your blog and love it♥
    Follow you now,could u follow me please? ♥

    http://beautysis-co.blogspot.com/
    I do reviews, makeup, etc ♥

    XX

    ReplyDelete