Saturday, 3 March 2012

Weekly Musings Pt 2 .

The images used in this blog post were collated over an extensive period of time. The ones that have not been watermarked by myself, have been saved from a variety of sources. If any of the images belong to you and you would like me to credit you or remove it, please feel free to email me - mynameisvalentine20@hotmail.com


Hi everyone! How are we all? Hope everyone is well!

'As the man, do you wait? As the woman, do you settle?' is actually work of fiction! But the asterisk to that statement is that my English teachers in high school always told me to write about something I knew. 
 
Oh, how wonderful it would be to find someone who loved us tirelessly. Even if some of  us have whimsical and show-pony personalities. 

How blissful life would be if we found someone who was completely accepting, happy and supportive of our dreams. Even if our dreams are difficult, seem unattainable and requires us to sacrifice so much.




For today's purposes (since I've had THE worst week), let's all imagine that this is my husband. AHAH.

Jung Yunho. If he told me that he was willing to love me for all my whimsical and nonsensical ways, there is a possibility that I'd settle. A very high possibility.

AHAH.




When I was young and impossibly naive, I thought that by my age, I would have said 'I made it' more than once.

If you asked me when I was young, whether I expected the older and more experienced me to be like the way I am, I am more than positive that she would have answered with a 'no'. I am even more sure that she would have imagined things to be better.

But then again, the younger me thought that things would just happen. Stars would align and destiny would be fulfilled - you know, all that wishful thinking stuff.

The younger me thought it was a matter of time. The present me knows I'm running out of time.




My parents have always maintained that the glamour industries all look good on the outside but are soul-sucking in reality. They're hard to get in and harder to stay relevant.

I do not deny it. I do not deny it at all. But I still find myself wanting to live among the glitz and the glamour.
 
If only my life was permanently like this. A million fairy godmother hands helping to transform me into a princess for a wonderful ball. The only thing I'm charged with is not doing anything to break their magic.




I am a funny creature. I can recite these words a million times over and motivate all my girlfriends to leave bad jobs, see the truth that they are well and truly better off without the ex, jump and catch unexpected opportunities and see failures as blessings in terrible disguise. 

But I can't seem to take my own medicine when I need it the most!

I can't seem to tell myself that, you know, life is seriously short. It's not a joke. Do something that you love - even if it does not neccessarily pay well. Because the truth is, so long as you do something that you are passionate about, the money will come.

Inspiration does not always come, so when it does drop everything and go with it. A sudden rush of creativity is heaven sent - do not let it get away without doing something about it.

Experience as much as you can so you better understand the world we live in. Understanding, knowledge and awareness breaks down boundaries and weakens discrimination.

There's just got to be so much more to life than seeking money, money, money. Although money is going to make life a whole lot easier, don't do something for the sake of convenience. Pursue something that you are passionate about. Something that makes your eyes light up when you talk to someone about it.

Gosh, even now I'm writing it as statements. . .as if I'm trying to convince YOU that life can be so much better if you can see it in THIS perspective. 

So why can't I read over what I've written and feel the rush of excitement some of my girlfriends tell me they get after a lengthy discussion about life with me?

By the way, Jenny in the last post asked if I was a Gemini. I'm actually a cusp Aquarius/Pisces! Probably explains my escapist tendencies!

4 comments:

  1. Nice;) And you have changed your display wall! Cool!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry to hear that you've had a bad week, I'll go along with it all and call you Mrs. Jung Yunho! Lol.
    And what's you've written is very inspiring! But I understand what you mean about actually embracing it all, it really takes some faith!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your words seem to always match my situations and internal conflicts. As much as I give advice and listen to my girlfriends, I can never accept my own reality... but, I believe that developing our own character and understanding with ourselves is the best investment we can do for our future self.

    I also agree with gaining experience and most especially knowledge. This is the best thing you can give and do to yourself. Meaningful, passionate work will have multi-purposes in all internal (emotional) & material matters in life.

    thanks for the inspirational post~ Take care!

    ps. I'm a cusp gemini-taurus. ahaha. I'm glad you answered back on that one!

    ReplyDelete
  4. you definitely write to inspire.. it's normal that we dish out advice but we often cannot take them ourselves!

    ReplyDelete