Saturday, 28 January 2012

Review : YSL's Volupte Sheer Candy Glossy Balm in #6 - Luscious Cherry



I finally got my hands on YSL's Volupte Sheer Candy Glossy Balms! So super duper happy! I was in Hong Kong during June/July 2011 and chanced upon them when I was hunting for the perfect red lipstick. Fell in love with Number 4, 5 and 6 but unfortunately, all counters were out of stock and I left home empty handed. Boo!

During this trip, I made a conscious effort to hunt down some Sheer Candy lipsticks and finally found Number 5 and 6 at The One's Harvey Nicholas in Tsim Tsa Tsui. I bought Number 5 - Mouthering Berry for a girlfriend of mine and therefore didn't open the lipstick to take photos. But, I can tell you that it is a gorgeous sheer berry colour that looks quite natural and is wearable for most occasions.

I bought the wonderful Number 6 - Luscious Cherry for myself after trying it on during my July trip. Absolutely love the colour.




APPLICATION

Just as the name suggests, Number 6 is a beautiful lush cherry colour that just brightens up your face. The thing I love most about Luscious Cherry is that it is very buildable and with 2-3 heavy coats, you've got yourself a fully pigmented red lipstick with a hint of gloss.

Another thing that I adore about Sheer Candy lip balms is that they are light and feel nourishing my on my lips. And don't even get me started on the smell of them! Goodness me! These balms smell divine! Apparently they're mango scented but to me, it smells like a mix of a few fruits.
 



This is two light coats of Luscious Cherry. I promise the colour looks better in real life. Blame the poor camera quality!


STAYING POWER 
I find that the lip balm stays for around two cups of tea and thereafter, my lips loses its shine. But having said that, my lips are still left with a pretty red lip stain. I really like the look of it on me because I am on the paler side and it gives me lips that youthful 'just bitten' look.





When I was hunting for these lip balms, some sale assistants told me to hold out for awhile since YSL were coming out with a new Spring/Summer collection of colours soon. 

A very patient and lovely YSL counter manager gave me the opportunity to try out all the new colours before they were actually released. So happy! Yet so disappointed at the same time. The colours looked rather bland on me and pigmentation levels are on the low side.

Not to worry. I love my Luscious Cherry. Ah, pure goodness!

8 comments:

  1. that's such a pretty shade! very sheer, so it's great for quick application. i loooove YSL lippies. i feel so...luxurious when i use it lmao

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful shade! I need to get myself a YSL lipstick - the packaging alone does it for me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. the packaging doesn't disappoint, and the colour too! Must check them out at duty free :P Are they moisturizing?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ahh, YSL lipsticks are just pure luxe! :) I need to get some from duty free in March!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What are you talking about? The camera makes the lipstick look amazing already! hahaha This just means it looks extremely amazing in person. You got me so tempted to buy this lippie. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I haven't tried any of the lipsticks from this YSL line yet - but Luscious Cherry looks very pretty! I feel like a lot of makeup companies have released glossy/balm-like lipsticks in the past year!

    ReplyDelete
  7. how much were they in hong kong??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Elaine

      The balms were $220HK each.

      Delete