Wednesday, 2 November 2011

RE : Flying 9+ Hrs For Your Dreams & Project To Get Old Body Back

Hey guys! How are we today? I hope this finds you well no matter where you are in the world!

It sure feels like it's been awhile since I last sat down and wrote a blog entry. A lot has happened since the last time I blogged. For one, I FINALLY decided to fly 9+ hours for my dreams. I decided that you only live once and that if I don't do it, I won't ever forgive myself. More importantly, if the same opportunity comes at a later date, the circumstances just won't be right.
 
Sure, it's a 1 in 100 chance of success and there is no guarantee in sight. . .but surely, the experience itself will be worth the risk. 

So I booked my ticket. 

And of course QANTAS decided to ground their planes. Of course.

I was stressed for three days straight. I didn't get a wink of sleep and I looked/continue to look like a panda. Real story. 

THEN they announce that QANTAS will fly. Wonderful news. Seriously wonderful. So there I was anticipating a good night's sleep but all I got was me staring at my ceiling until 4AM. I wasn't thinking, don't get me wrong. It's just that my mind was so worn out that it was too scared to even sleep. 

Surely this makes sense to someone, right?

AND THEN, here's the grand finale I promise, something came up. Something came up a day before I was due to fly.
And all of a sudden, I couldn't fly the next day. I had to cancel my flight.

I don't want to sound over dramatic but seriously. . . Goodbye flight, goodbye dreams.

When humans are faced with disaster, distress or hardship, it is normal to philosophise. So in my situation, I call on Katy Perry. AHAH. I mean, there has to be SOME truth in 'Maybe your reason why all the doors are closed. So you could open one that leads you to the perfect road'.
RIGHT?!

Soon enough, *dances* I'll be a firework and I'll show them what I'm worth!

AHAH.







 

Yeah, RE: Project To Get Old Body Back has been put on a hiatus. AHAH. Though the last photo deserves a mention! My mother makes water dumplings and her own chilli sauce from scratch. She's just amazing like that. They taste delicious! 

Anyway, do any Aussie readers know a good US Forwarding Service? Has anyone used one that's really reliable and prompt with responses?
 
Other than that, I hope everyone is well! <3

OH, please do follow me on Twitter @thisisvalentine.

4 comments:

  1. Go katy perry!!!
    LOL don't worry, whenever a door closes, another window opens up
    ...or something like that, I don't know lol xDD

    But life goes one (thats my motto!)and if I may know what that really really important thing is? Some sort of competition perhaps? Like the glee project?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well good on you for trying! I think in situations like these it's best to accept it and know that something better will always open up. ;)

    Btw I use HopShopGo for all my US mail forwarding, it's been very reliable and you accumulate HSG dollars with each payment so you can use it in the future to lower shipping costs. They can also purchase the product for you if the US site doesn't accept international credit cards. Feel free to shoot me an email if you want more info!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awwww Valentine, I was thinking of you the other day. Did you end up pursuing that 1 in 100 dream? I am sorry the flight was cancelled but I am sure it happened for a reason. Perhaps the opportunity wasn't as great, or there's something better. I will keep my fingers crossed for you! Those dumplings mom made look amazing... And just remember die with a t on the end is just no fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautifull! nice ! i love it! I invite you to see my fashion blog and my new post! tell me if you like! ;-) I WAIT FOR YOU! AND IF YOU LIKE follow me! I'll do the same!
    Kisses
    Miriamstella

    Is Fashion My Passion? The Miriamstella's fashion blog

    ReplyDelete