Saturday, 22 October 2011

@thisisvalentine

Ahh life semi-sucks right now! One of my girlfriends is holding her annual Halloween house party tonight and I can't go because I'm at home nursing a cold. Boooo! Everyone's out having fun except me! Booo!

SIGH. 

Anywhoo. . .

I GOT TWITTER. 
@thisisvalentine

I actually got Twitter back in August but kind of forgot about it. I used to have an account but I stopped using it ages ago. So right now, I'm still a bit 'Err, what do I do?' about it! AHAH. Bear with me!
Please add me and then we can have endless conversations about everything under the sun!

SECOND, I NEED ADVICE
Would you fly 9+ hours if someone told you that you have a 1 in 100 chance to come a little bit closer to your lifelong dream?

I literally have 24 hours to decide. 

I'm so confused. On the one hand, I feel like if I don't take this chance, I'll never get the same opportunity again. Even if I get the same chance, the circumstances won't be right. Not that I'm saying the circumstances are right now. But they're much better than say a year ago. 

But then there are a gazillion other things holding me back. I'm just plain busy right now. I've got a lot of things on my plate. Not to mention that there are no guarantees. There is no guarantee that I will be that 1 in 100. To be quite honest, I don't feel that I will be that 1 in 100. 

Another thing that's really bugging me is that if THIS was seriously my dream, surely there is no need for this conversation. It wouldn't be a matter of should I go but which day I should fly out.  

I feel that if I don't go, I'll regret it. And if I do go, I'll regret it as well. What the hell?!
Sorry I can't be more specific about what's happening. 

But I just don't know.

6 comments:

  1. wow 1 in 100 chance huh... tough decision! I guess it's about not having regrets... good luck!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is so beautiful! chanced upon your blog and enjoyed reading it. definitely following. keep in touch alright.

    silvia
    www.poisepolish.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like you're having a hard time making a decision, I feel bad for you hun. Whatever you decide, just make sure you don't regret it!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Valentine. I am sorry my response is so late, but go for it. You really have nothing to lose. The honest truth is that we're all busy. We all have things to do but an opportunity only comes 1x and like you said even if you get offered it again the terms and conditions may not be the same. Do it, and even if you are not that 1 in a 100 you tried and gave it your best! We have a lot of ideas but how often do we really do something with them?

    ReplyDelete
  5. It sounds like such a dilemma, but I'd say, go for it. It's better to plunge into unknown waters than to shy away from something that could potentially be life-changing. If it doesn't work out, at least you tried, so no regrets. And if it does, then you would be so fulfilled. Personally, I'd rather take a gamble than be bugged by the thought of how life would have turned out had I gave it a shot. Hope that helps haha :)

    Oh and you have twitter, great! following you there as well!

    Cheers,

    Wi
    A Single Girl's Musings

    ReplyDelete