Friday, 7 October 2011

Hello, Stranger!

Hello everyone! How's everyone going? Hope everyone is good! 

It's been awhile since I last blogged, right? Same old excuse - I've been super busy and super tired! My skin has gone berserk AGAIN, which means using, trying and writing about anything beauty related has been put on a complete halt. My skin is looking terrible and that's really discouraged me from blogging.

Here's hoping that my skin gets better soon because I have a handful of products to try! I got some vouchers emailed to me awhile ago to try out some new and existing beauty products. I had some free time yesterday so I went and collected them all in the one go!

Gah, I so want my skin to get better! Can't wait to test out these products!




I got a voucher to try out Estee Lauder's Resilience Lift Firming/Sculpting Eye Creme and the sales consultant was so generous. She also gave me a sample tub of Resilience Lift Firming/Sculpting Face and Neck Creme SPF 15, Advanced Night Repair Eye Creme and Advanced Night Repair Serum. That's more than generous - that's super duper generous!

I've never used anything from Estee Lauder before and admit to not being too familiar with the brand.

Anyone tried out any of Estee Lauder's products? I love the little tubs! They're so pretty!



Oh, Yves Saint Laurent! I was given the Parisienne and Opium Fragrance sample, and a trial bottle of Top Secrets Eye Make Up Remover Bi-Phase

The make up remover looks slightly intimidating with it being green and all. I am definitely going to wait until my skin gets better before trialling that!



I also collected a sample of Guerlain's Abeille Royale Up-lifting Eye Care. I am seriously in love with Guerlain and so is my mother! AHAH. 

I think overrall the brand is quite underrated. Their skincare lines are on the expensive side but are, nonetheless, quite effective. I don't use any of their skincare products but my mother does and her skin has improved immensely since using the brand.



A week ago, a family friend came to visit from Hong Kong and we got her to buy some products for us. This is my mother's Guerlain Parure Aqua SPF20 PA +++ Foundation in No. 2. But I'll most likely be claiming it from now on. AHAH.

I've been using a bit of my mother's foundation because she's been raving about how moisturising and nice the colour is. The foundation is light, slightly watery and doesn't offer much coverage. But it is much more moisturising than any foundation I've used before. It also feels very comfortable on my skin.

So I claim it now.




The YSL Touche Eclat in No. 1 deserves its own post. I have this wonderful love/hate relationship with this pen. The two of us. . .we have a very long history. We go way back. 

I re-bought the Touche Eclat because I've been mixing it with my foundation and using it as an under-eye concealer. Works like a gem.



Lastly, a Clinique product! This is Clinique's Derma White City Block Anti-Pollution SPF 40/PA +++. You can't get this in Australia because the Derma White line doesn't exist. We only have the normal City Block range and I don't really like the colour of those tinted sunscreens. On my face, the colour looks really gray and it makes me look like a walking corpse!

The Derma White City Block colour is much better. 

Admittedly, this is another product for my mother because she loves it. She's trying to get on me on the bandwagon because I'm getting freckles and my regular SPF20 moisturiser isn't really helping. 

This will be my first tinted sunscreen. I've always been against using tinted sunscreens because it's hard to find a colour that matches my skin. 

So we'll see how it goes!

IN OTHER NEWS

I'm starting a new job next week! I've spent an entire month discussing and negotiating the role and finally I start! Am I excited? I'm more nervous than excited. It's completely different to any position I've ever held and I am a little worried that I might fall flat on my ass! AHAH. 

So I've been out and about shopping for work-suitable outfits and *hyperventilates* 

I'm so nervous! Oh my gosh, someone hurry up and teach me how to use Excel!

11 comments:

  1. Wow, so many products! I would love to hear your thoughts on the skincare samples. I have only tried EL moisturiser gel and eye cream a long time ago in the blue tub and I really like how lightweight and cooling it felt on application.

    I like the sounds of the Guerlain foundie. LOL @ "I'm claiming it"

    Good luck at your new job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great range of products - I would love to know if they work out for your skin. My mum swears by EL but I haven't actually tried any of their products. That sales was so nice to give you so many samples!

    I can't be much help with Excel (I can't stand Microsoft Office) but I wish you the best of luck with your new job! =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wonder if the eye cream work out for me. I'm desperately looking for eye cream that actually works >.<

    ReplyDelete
  4. the touche eclat does wonders for me !!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations on the new job Valentine! I am so happy for you! I have tried a few estee lauder products but they're a bit too much for my skin, but GUERLAIN??? That is the gold standard, GAH! It is $$$$$ in the US so I can only imagine the cost in Australia! Thank you so much for visiting my blog and commenting, I always look forward to your latest post and I heavily use excel at work so if you have any questions, let me know!

    ReplyDelete
  6. wish you all the best dear! and omgshhh excel.. always so confusing :o why doesn't sales ppl give me free stuff too?? hahah *envious

    http://helloitschloe.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are going to do awesome at your new job, don't worry! I knew you would appreciate the pix of all the skincare products I use. OMG....your Mom is indulging in the Guerlain line??? That is awesome, I think she may have discovered the fountain of you :D I love the Clinique turnaround cream concentrate, it does an awesome job exfoliating my skin, I used to purchase the superdefense cream but it got too greasy for my skin!

    ReplyDelete
  8. first of all congrats on ur new job!!!!
    hope it all goes smoothly! WEEEEE!!!

    and woo love the products!i havent tried anything from wat u got XD

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, so many great product, Love the YSL mascara! Take a look at my blog, and if you like it follow me, I’ll be waiting for you!

    Cosa mi metto???

    ReplyDelete
  10. I see you visiting my site...enjoying your last few days of freedom??? I hope we'll see some outfit posts now that you have a new full time job, and it is almost summer time in Australia...I am so jealous as we're heading straight for COLD in no time...ahhhhhhh!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for commenting :D

    I like your philopshy (on your profile..) pretty much what I go for too!

    This is an awesome haul! congrats on your new job too!

    ReplyDelete