Friday, 23 September 2011

"Her voice is full of money."

Drinking Dragonwell Tea from a Tumbler and Reading F.Scott Fitzgerald's 'The Great Gatsby'


'He smiled understandingly - much more than understandingly. It was one of those rare smiles with a quality of eternal reassurance in it, that you may come across four or five times in life. It faced - or seemed to face - the whole eternal world for an instance, and then concentrated on you with an irresistible prejudice in your favour. It understood you just so far as you wanted to be understood, believed in you as you would like to believe in yourself, and assured you that it had precisely the impression of you that, at your best, you hoped to convey.'


This is my favourite passage from F.Scott Fitzgerald's 'The Great Gatsby'. I read this for English in high school and I've been meaning to read it again for years now. But when you're in university, it's difficult to get the inspiration to read anything else besides your course readers and the endless PDFs.

5 comments:

  1. I totally know what you mean! I have been wanting to read some books just for fun but instead I have to read books that are assigned to me ugh :O
    Anyway I also read The Great Gatspy in High School:)
    -Little Petite

    ReplyDelete
  2. lovely post¡¡¡ great pics :D

    i love your blog :D kisses from Mexico...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had no idea you were in undergrad! I thought you were working for some reason! This too is also one of my favorite books of all time... Since I completed my mba in june...i've not been able to look at a book since!

    ReplyDelete