Sunday, 21 August 2011

Review : Clinique's Moisture Surge Face Spray Thirsty Skin Relief





Product : Clinique's Moisture Surge Face Spray Thirsty Skin Relief
Made In : USA
Purchase From : Gift With Purchase
Quantity : 30ml
Price : RRP $45AUD for 125ml

Hi everyone! It's been a few days since I last updated and that's because I've been really busy! I want to say hello to my new readers and followers! When I first started writing, I didn't expect to get any readers. I didn't actively promote my blog and only one of my real life friends knew about me blogging. I really just wanted to write because I genuinely am passionate about skincare. It is really encouraging to see people commenting and following. Thank you!

Okay, on to today's review!

I am a bit of a Clinique freak. All my friends know it. Over the years I have tried the large majority of Clinique's products and those that I have not tried, my mother has! So we always have these Gift With Purchase (GWP) sample size products lying around the house. This Moisture Surge Face Spray is one of them.

Up until the end of last year, I did not use face sprays/mists. My reasoning was that my skin is extra dry, what is a spray of water/product going to do for my skin? So when I recieved this GWP, I wasn't neccessarily rushing to try it. After all, the spray is basically a liquid version of the Moisture Surge Extended Thirst Relief Moisturiser that I frequently use.

But facial sprays seem to be one of those 'it' beauty items that everyone is or has used. I will say that the good thing about these mists is that they are very versatile. You can use it as a toner, to set make up, to moistuen your face before a mid-day make up refresh, to hydrate your face when you feel it going dry and even to cool your skin after a day in the sun.

APPLICATION
I've heard that this Clinique spray is quite popular amongst make up artists. They typically use it before applying make up because it gives the client's face an even  smoother canvas to put foundation on. What they do is cleanse their client's skin, apply a thick layer of moistursier, let that settle and then spray the face once over with the mist. They then fan dry the entire face before applying foundation and they swear the make up sits better and lasts much longer.

Although I see the merits in this type of application, I personally don't use it like that. I tend to use the spray whenever my face feels dry. The instructions say to spray it 20-30cms away from the face but I spray it closer to get more product. If when I pull the bottle 20cms away from my face, all I'm getting is this very fine mist which does nothing for my skin. I, at least, want a few visible droplets on my face.

What I like most about this spray is that it doesn't mess or cake up my make up. I usually give my face three sprays - left, centre and right. If I have time, I will let it dry naturally but if I'm in a hurry, I will fan it dry. I have tried to pat it into my skin but then my foundation starts to lump and cake. Disaster!

RESULTS
I am impartial to this product because, while the dewy effect it gives my make up is nice, I have used another spray that gives an even better result at a much lower price. I've had this bottle for over a year now and I can't seem to finish it because I like my other spray better.

Unfortunately, I will not be buying the full size product.

15 comments:

  1. OK AUD45? HOLY SMOKES....I went to Clinique.com and that product is $20 USD. How does anyone survive in Australia? I had NO idea that things were so expensive there and if I convert AUD45 that is $46 USD you can get 2 for the price of one! I don't use facial spray mists I am the 1x a day application type of girl. I just reapply gloss and that's it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanx for the review! I am not interested in it either:p

    ReplyDelete
  3. Most face mists feel sticky and dry on my face, so I don't really like using them or bother trying other products

    http://helloitschloe.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like face mists~ I haven't tried this one though. That bottle seems to last a long time~ =D

    A few years back, I used the Clinique moisturising gel especially for the warmer seasons =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm using Evian hehe! And using face mists will dry your skin out too if you use it frequently :(

    ♥Hosting Giveaway♥
    http://theshoebunny.blogspot.com/2011/08/100-followers-giveaway.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've been wanting to buy a bottle of face mist too. now I'm torn between this and The body shop vit C spray. how much this product in USD? thanks =D

    and aah, I think JennyHouse in Seoul use this product too, they sprayed something like this over the face after applying lots of moisturizing product.

    ReplyDelete
  8. i love your blog¡¡¡ is very cool kisses from Mexico :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm using Clinique too! enjoyed reading your blog and following!

    silvia
    www.poisepolish.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. You made me want to try this kind of product! I'll try to find my own cheaper one! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. @ Bravoe Runway - Oh my goodness! ONLY $20?! Things are unbelievably priced over here. A lot of people opt to buy on the internet or in my case, do bulk buys when I'm overseas. AHAH. I just can't justify buying anything from the department store beauty counters when I can get it for almost half price overseas!

    @ LiLy - AHAH. Thanks for your honesty!

    @ Chloe Nghiem - Try Avene's facial mist. Doesn't stick, doesn't dry and just feels wonderful!

    @ PopBlush - The bottle has lasted me a fair bit because I'm very non-committed to the product! I really like the Moisture Surge gel <3

    @ The Shoe Bunny - Most face mists don't have long-term hydrating effects and are just for 'refreshing/cooling' the skin. Unfortunately, Evian is one of them. If you want to try a mist that doesn't dry out your skin, you should give Avene's facial mist a try.

    @ michelle_ - Hello! Thanks for visiting!

    @ Lina Kim ♥ - Hello! Apparently this product in America is $20! I just googled JennyHouse and you're right! They do use this product just as I described!

    @ Magda - Thank you for the compliment!

    @ silviasiantar - Another Clinique user? Yay! Thank you for following!

    @ Clochette - I think the product is a bit expensive too! Try Avene's facial mist. It's much better and is way cheaper!

    ReplyDelete
  12. what is the other spray that you prefer better than this??? :)

    tingkabelle-chan.blogspot.com

    <3

    ReplyDelete
  13. @ TINGkabelle CHAN ♥ - Hello! AHAH. I was going to reveal it in upcoming blog post but what the heck. It's Avene's Thermal Spring Water Spray. It works wonders. Doesn't dry out the skin but instead softens and nourishes it. Do try it out!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thank you for stopping by Valentine! Hope you are doing well, I've been checking back for a post and totally understand you are busy! Have a good weekend ;)

    ReplyDelete