Tuesday, 9 August 2011

Clinique's Black Honey Collection for Fall 2011

 

This gorgeous photo popped up on my Facebook newsfeed a few days ago from Clinique Hong Kong. After a quick Google search, it seems that this is Clinique's 2011 Autumn/Fall Make  Up Collection called 'Black Honey'.  The collection is centred around warm shades of berry and violet which have been Clinique cult favourites since 1971!

In the above photo, there is the Lash Power Volumising Mascara, Limited Edition Colour Surge Eyeshadow Quad in Black Honey, Limited Edition Gradient Powder Blusher in Black Honey, Brush-on Cream Liner in Black Honey and Superbalm Moisturising Gloss in Black Honey.

I really appreciate the fact that Clinique's eye shadow palettes always come in sensible, work-friendly combinations. The colours are rarely outrageous or heavily pigmented, and work just to give your eyes that understated pop of colour. Unlike colours from MAC, Clinique's eye shadows do not scream out of attention making them perfect for work, formal occassions and for no-make up looks. 

I always find Clinique's eye shadow to be velvety, easy to blend and last the distance without primer. For me, the bonus is that they have never irritated my eye area.

I also recommend Clinique's High Impact Mascara and High Defintion Lashes Brush and Then Comb Mascara. Both mascaras are easy to use, separates eyelashes quite well and are amazingly easy to remove. You don't even need make up remover - all you have to do is gently wet your lashes with warm water and then rub them with your fingers until the mascara lumps together and slide them off.

Unfortunately, it's Spring for me soon and so I won't be able to purchase this at a Clinique counter. The sad truth is, I will probably have to wait until Autumn 2012 before I can get my hands on this if I don't order online or go overseas. It seems we're a season behind!

Not to worry! I'll leave you all with two photos that detail how to wear the eye shadow palette and the rest of the products from the new collection.



 

2 comments:

  1. This smoky eye looks so chic and elegant!
    Following you back love :)
    http://threadbareaffair.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. @ Maggie - I like the smokey eye as well! It's not super loud, but still makes an impact. Thanks for following Maggie!

    ReplyDelete