Sunday, 5 June 2011

Review : YSL's Perfect Touch Radiant Brush Foundation SAMPLE

A week ago, I received an email about YSL giving out samples of their foundations. All I had to do was go to one of their counters and have a beauty adviser select the right shade for my skin. Now I don't actually like wearing a full-face of foundation unless I absolutely have to. I really don't like feeling my face weighed down and luckily, I don't have that many blemishes that need to be covered.  In my lifetime, I have only ever bought one bottle of foundation for myself and previous to that, I leeched off my mother.

So when it comes to choosing the right foundation in terms of colour, texture and finish, I am as clueless as you can get!



The sales assistant [SA] at the YSL counter I visited started off by asking me what type of foundation I like. I was like 'Err. . .I like something that's light. . .preferably with sunscreen in it?'.

Told you I had no clue. 

She picked up 'Perfect Touch' in #5 - Peach and quite excitedly told me that this was absolutely light and heavenly on the skin. She said that it would feel and look like a second layer of skin and that it could illuminate my face. Pulling the top off the tube, there was a pretty big brush attached to it and when she twisted the top part of it, a creamy sand colour came out.

She put it onto my jawline and it was very light. I took a small mirror and put it real close to my face to see how it came out on my face. It looked like. . .well, it looked like she hadn't put anything at all. Good thing? Bad thing? Bad lighting? I don't know. . .

I played around with the tube myself and swiped the brush onto my hand. I found that it wasn't that effective because it made the foundation look quite streaky on my hand. I had to blend them out with my fingers. The brush bristles also tended to lump together when it got too wet, leading to the long streaks upon application.

Actually, straight off the bat, I don't like in-built brushes. It is just so unhygenic. I prefer to actually clean my brushes with running water and then air them dry afterward. Being told to spray the brush with make up remover or wiping them with antiseptic wipes just doesn't cut it for me. 



At home, I applied some with my own foundation brush all over my face.

I noticed that my face had a nice glow on my skin. My face looked brighter and much more refreshed. I would say the coverage is light because the colour is quite sheer and natural-looking.

Having said this, I still found the colour to be too yellow on my skin. I would have been nice if there was a bit more pink in the mix. Maybe try another colour?




In other news, it seems like all my close friends have flown off or are flying off to the Northern Hemisphere. I'm so jealous! One is already in Japan on exchange, one has gone to volunteer for an elephant's conservation project in Thailand and another will be holidaying in Europe for seven weeks.

So so so x 1000000000000 jealous!

To bid farewell to my friend who has gone to look after the elephants, we caught up with [unhealthy, yet completely delicious] Churros. I don't ever go for Churros unless it's with her, so I'm guessing I have to wait another month before I go again? AHAH.

She left on Friday and I miss her so much! *cries a river*

2 comments:

  1. <3<3<3 miss you too!

    btw, i think you and i should exchange facetone colour, i have too much red/pink undertones! ><! super hard to buy foundation!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh look at that! My first comment! Woo! AHAH.

    I don't even know what colour my face! All I know is that it is skin coloured. AHAH. A few days ago, I was at the YSL counter with my friend who wanted to pick up a lipstick and I told the SA that Shade 5 was too dark for me.

    She said I should have been given a mix of Shade 2 and 3.

    Hmm. From 5 to 2 or 3. Hmm.

    Oh, I don't know! *throws hands up in defeat*

    ReplyDelete