Saturday, 21 May 2011

Review : Hada Labo's Gokujyun Eye Mask




Product : Hada Labo's Gokujyun Eye Mask
Made In : I'm assuming Japan
Purchased From : Bonjour, Hong Kong
Quantity : Pack of 5 pairs

I actually purchased these eye masks before I knew anything about Hada Labo and Super Hyaluronic Acid. The pack didn't have a single English word on it and I was just confused as the next clueless person. My eyes were in a complete state of dehydration. The fines lines underneath my eyes were particularly evident and my eye bags were shockingly dark. I had somewhere important to go the next day, so I grabbed this without thinking much. 

This Hada Labo eye mask actually contains three different types of hyaluronic acid and other moisturising ingredients. It is supposed to barrage your skin with intense hydration and moisture.




I am not 100% sure where this product is made since I can't read Japanese. I mentioned in my previous Hada Labo post that they manufacture in two locations - Japan and China. I have a feeling that this particular box was made in Japan, simply because it only has Japanese characters on it. Those made in China tend to have a mixture of Chinese and Japanese characters. Please don't quote me! This is just my theory!




The cloth eye masks look slightly yellow in colour and it's really just the gooey liquid serum. It feels very comfortable under my eyes and thankfully, it's not one of those masks that fall off your eyes because it's too wet!


 

I let it sit for about 15 minutes. FUNNY STORY : I used to wear my eye masks the other way around. As in the bit I have covering the outer corner of my eye used to sit underneath my eye. The way I saw it was that the lines underneath my eyes were deeper and so I would use a larger area to cover it. It was only recently that I started Googling around for eye masks that I found out I wore it wrong. 

Fail. AHAH.

After the mask, the eye area feels a bit sticky but it's nothing terrible. The fine lines don't look that deep anymore and the area feels so much more supple and plump. I let the area dry for a little longer because I want all of serum/gel to sink in. Afterward, I apply my eye cream and then I'm ready for bed!

In the morning, the hydrating effects have not worn off and I look much more refreshed than I normally do. My make up didn't sink into my lines as much and I am very happy with the results. 

I've also used these eye masks half an hour before putting on a full face of make up. I let it sit for 15 minutes, dry for awhile, put on eye cream and then my foundation. Compared to just using a normal eye cream or gel before my make up, I find that putting on this mask plumps the area more and really helps minimise the amount of make up that sinks into my eye area.

TIP : After the 15 minutes, you're bound to have a mask that is still quite wet. Don't put them in the bin yet! Stick the masks around your mouth area, as in where your smile lines would be. Hydrate that area as well!




You'll also find that there is a lot of product left in the packet. Don't throw this in the bin either! You can use this as an eye cream the following days! Just put the liquid around your eyes including your upper eyelids.
 
The amount in this packet has lasted me 4 days =)





Always keep the packet tightly sealed so that it isn't exposed to external factors like dust. I just clamp mine with a long salon hair clip.

I really like this product and I'll definitely be buying more. I think it's a good base product before layering an eye cream that suits your needs. 

I have no idea why Hada Labo hasn't put out their own eye cream or gel yet!

No comments:

Post a Comment